Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Can any one tell how to take readings of Max speed of an aeroplane model,Control Surface chord

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Can any one tell how to take readings of Max speed of an aeroplane model,Control Surface chord

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 10:32 PM
sunnyin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can any one tell how to take readings of Max speed of an aeroplane model,Control Surface chord

[&:]How to take measurement of max speed of a model aeroplane.Also with the help of iiiustration or with photography can anyone assist how to take measurement of control surface chord,controlsurface length,control suface max deflection (from center),Servo max deflection. I want the answer to be accompanied with elaborated Photo of model aeropane showing all details practicallyh.[:@]
Old 05-01-2005, 12:38 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Can any one tell how to take readings of Max speed of an aeroplane model,Control Surface chord

To take the max speed of your model just place two markers say 100meters apart and time how long it takes to fly between them. You could film the model and knowing the frame rate count how many frames it takes to fly the 100M. From that you can get the time and speed.
Old 05-01-2005, 01:33 AM
sunnyin

Default RE: Can any one tell how to take readings of Max speed of an aeroplane model,Control Surface chord

Thankyou for giving me a advice.But still pending for whatever i had enquired
Old 05-01-2005, 01:35 AM
sunnyin

How to take measurement of max speed of a model aeroplane.Also with the help of iiiustration or with photography can anyone assist how to take measurement of control surface chord,controlsurface length,control suface max deflection (from center),Servo max deflection. I want the answer to be accompanied with elaborated Photo of model aeropane showing all details practically
Old 05-01-2005, 11:22 AM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With a fixed video camera, fly the plane past the camera.
Measure the airplane's length, and use that to compute the distance traveled between each video frame.
http://www.angelfire.com/indie/aeros...amplesheet.htm
The dimensional data is taken directly from the airplane, or its plans.
Old 05-01-2005, 05:04 PM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

Or, do what we do--for 99 bucks get a radar gun--lots of fun! (and NO RADIO INTERFERENCE)