Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Moving to the United Kingdom

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Moving to the United Kingdom

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 08:00 AM
planecrazy1976
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to the United Kingdom

Hello All, im looking for a few answers, im moving to the UK here in Nov, my planes are crated and boxed, but just recieved my customs for and it says on the restricted items Radio Transmitters. Was told that i was going to have to pull my Recievers out of all my airplanes, does this mean i cant ship my radios over there? because i know people ship whole plane over there like i am doing for fun flys and warbird event how do they get around this problem? Any information would be helpfull cant seem to find any on the web,
Thank you, Greg Allan
Old 09-27-2005, 08:35 AM
Ejiro
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Moving to the United Kingdom

Hello Greg,
Perhaps the reason for this is because the 72 Mhz band is not legal for use in the UK and the rest of Europe. They use the 35 Mhz band with 100 Khz spacing between channels in Europe, as opposed to the 72Mhz used in the US and some parts of Asia. This means that you would need to get new receivers, and maybe a new tranmitter, IF the one you have does not have a detachable frequency module.

I hope that this information helps you.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:14 AM
Barlingbomber

Default RE: Moving to the United Kingdom

Hey Greg,

The other writer is correct. In the UK its 35MHz however I am a bit surprised about the receivers not being shippable since I could order a park flyer with radio gear in it from Hong Kong and have it shipped to the UK no problem. I imagine I could do that from the USA too but I wouldn't because it would be breaking UK law to use it in the UK if it wasnt 35Mhz. If your goods are going by sea container are they really saying you cant bury the receivers at the bottom of a box with your hi-fi and ship them over?