Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Engine mount on 4*60

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Engine mount on 4*60

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 05:54 PM
ebeygin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine mount on 4*60

HI!

I just got my Magnum .91 and just now fitting it to the stock engine mount. It seems that it's not really made for this engine. The instructions show a Saito engine, but I'm sure that that mount is used for others too.

It appears to me, that I have to place the pointy side of the mount under the little tabs on the sides of the engine. The tabs have 2 holes for verticle screws going down, or up? Anyways, I will be forced to drill two holes in each mount into the fiberglass as a result. Am I even thinking correctly? I want to avoid buying another mount if its possible. If its just the Magnum engine that doesn't fit, then sure, I'll get any mount I need. Its just I'm sure that most engines are alike, their shape that is, and that mount seems not to fit any of them.

*** EDITED ---> MY BAD!!! hehehe.. I was too excited when I got the engine, that I even forgot to read the instructions of the 4* booklet.. It's all there in the book...

There is another thing that I noticed.. that long black horizontal bar that goes into the carb and pertrudes from one side is rather long.. if I center the engine it will come out of one of the cheeks of the plane.. i'm sure there are instructions and it will be fine.. just a little excited.. anyways.. thanks, but everything is OK, for now!

*** EDITED

Eugene.
Old 11-01-2002, 03:30 PM
TerrellFlyer

Read the instructions,will save a lot of headaches, maybe even a crash.The engine sits on top of the mount,flat side being level,drill the holes to match the engine, I install screws thru the engine then thru the mount then use lock nuts to secure.Drill or cut the cheeks to clear what ever,on my 120 I cut the cheeks off to mount the G38 engine,make sure the engine is pointed straight when the mount is drilled.
Old 11-01-2002, 04:57 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Eugene,
If the engines needle valve hits the cheek, just cut away some of the cheek to accommodate it. This is a common problem, and that is the standard fix.
Old 11-02-2002, 09:31 PM
ebeygin

Default ORRR

I'm not gonna do it, cause I can change the position of my carb.. and since the carb is closer to one side than the other, if i reverse it, the needle isn't as long as it is on the other side....

-ugn
Old 11-03-2002, 12:51 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Needle Valve

On my 4* with the YS91, I drilled a hole through the cheek and was able to maneuver the engine onto the mount and then put the needle valve through the hole in the cheek. It protrudes just enough for me to adjust it with the tips of my fingers, without extension.
Old 11-05-2002, 02:02 PM
TennCharlie

Put a Dave Brown mount for a 90 four stroke in there for $4.95 & your problem is solved. I put a Saito .91 in my plane & the stock mount would have been a real pain.