Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Covering Help?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 05:33 PM
nightflyer01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Covering Help?

Hi, I am covering a model with white lightweight covering. The covering is supposed to be opaque, but it's coming out too transparent. Is there any way of fixing this? I tried painting the structure before covering, but it still shows through the covering. Can I paint the covering? If so would painting over it with white work, or would I need to paint it with a darker color first?
Thanks
Old 11-01-2005, 07:09 PM
redfox435cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Covering Help?

that's the differnace from from lightweight and regular covering. If you want to paint it then its pointless to cover it since that usually is the whole point of covering in the first place. To answer your question yes you can cover it and you want to paint light colors first then dark colors. Sound to me like your your also getting it too hot. The acylic will run even, seperate colors on some of the cheaper covering when they get too hot, also cover onto painted surfaces will usualy result in the paint your applying the covering to melting and mixing with the adhesive and acylic of the covering, again even more so with the lightweight low temp coverinngs. Also all covering will let some light through if it is not fully balsa sheeted.