Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Saito FA-100T Fuel Setup

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Saito FA-100T Fuel Setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 09:06 PM
Jugmaker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saito FA-100T Fuel Setup

I am installing my first twin cylinder engine and need a little help.In the manual it shows the crankcase vent line going to a pressure adjustig valve. On one side goes to the exhaust outlet,it indicates the other side is a vent. Does this vent side goto the fuel tank? Is the pressure adjusting avlve pre-set or can it be adjusted? Where can I find this valve, it did not come with the engine?

jugmaker
Old 11-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Countryboy
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Saito FA-100T Fuel Setup

Jugmaker,

If this is the valve you speak of...then yes, one line comes from the crankcase, one to the vent line of the tank, and the other too atmosphere. Trying too balance the pressure valve with the needle valve is like walking a tight rope.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58788.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	351104  
Old 11-09-2005, 08:47 AM
Jugmaker

Yep, that's the one. How do you go about setting it?

thanks jugmaker
Old 11-09-2005, 04:50 PM
The Ghost

That valve is for the pumped version of Satio's. If the engine is not the pump version the valve wont work. On pumped versions they have a filtered one way valve in the back plate to draw air in on the up stroke.

Cheers
Old 11-09-2005, 06:57 PM
Countryboy
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jugmaker,

The Ghost is correct in his analysis...the valve I pictured is for a pumped engine. The valve pictured is in fact from my pumped Saito 120 which I just recently pulled from a plane too install a Saito 150. I think the reason the valve is showing up in your operating manual is because the manual covers more than just the 100 T. Here is the link I pulled up to an PDF version and it clearly shows that the pressure valve is for the Saito Fa-300TTDP engine. It appears that your 100 T does not use this valve, which is in all likely hood why it was not included.

Hope this clears up some of the confusion .

http://h1071118.hobbyshopnow.com/Pro...n_cylinder.pdf
Old 11-10-2005, 10:17 PM
Jugmaker

The PDF link was a great help Countryboy,thanks. My manual is not too clear,the printing is real blurred. I could not make out which engine was which.
again thanks
jugmaker
Old 11-12-2005, 03:34 PM
donmcgowan

On my 100T there was no such valve - simply set up as for any other saito with pressure line off one of the flex mufflers to the tank - the other flex muffler has no vent. I eventually went to a dual crossover pipe system made by keleos creations - works very well -

I strongly suggest you use onboard glo to keep your engine running. I had endless problems keeping both cylinders lit when flying slowly or idling on the ground. After installing the onboard glo, starting and slow flight is amazingley easy. I used an EDL GloLite system - easy to set up and use.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:13 AM
Jugmaker

I am going to use a onboard glow system. Don't think i would run a 4 stroke without it. Have one on a .65 Golden Knight in a 1/5 scale Cub,works great. The FA 100 is in a Monocoupe.Will try to post some pic. soon.
Thanks for all the help.

jugmaker