Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Need help on aerobat

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Need help on aerobat

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 12:59 AM
allyric

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on aerobat

Can anyone help me with an idea on how to convert an tricycle landing gear on an duraplane aerobat to an tail dragger.

Thank you
Rick
Old 11-10-2005, 10:27 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Need help on aerobat

It should just be a matter of moving the LG forward on the fuse (You may need to add a plywood block to the inside). Set them so that the wheels are approx at the LE of the wing. Then you could add an after-market tail wheel, or just a skid, or you could even just let the tail drag.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:06 PM
Gravityisnotmyfriend
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need help on aerobat

I would be careful about letting the tail drag. I did this with my first trainer. The nosewheel took so much abuse that it became unusable. On that plane, the elevator control horn is mounted on the bottom of the elevator and happened to be the lowest part on the tail. Because of this, the tail of the plane rested on the control horn and eventually wore the control horn enough to cause the elevator pushrod to become disconnected in flight. That is a helpless feeling. I would reccomend at least using a tailskid.