Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

jr xp 8103 dual elavator servos

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

jr xp 8103 dual elavator servos

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 02:59 PM
chadderbox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jr xp 8103 dual elavator servos

I read through the whole 8103 manual and did not see how to run dual elavator servos. Has any one out there done this? How does it work? Thanks to all
Old 03-25-2006, 04:29 PM
redfox435cat

Default RE: jr xp 8103 dual elavator servos

run a free mix with channel two as a master and an empty channel probably 7 as a slave. just make sure the trim works on both servos. run through either the free mix instructions or say elevons on the details of how to do it
Old 03-25-2006, 06:09 PM
tukkus
My Feedback: (2)

look in the manual on "Programmable mixing" , i have the JR 6102...i mixed my gear and elevator to have dual elevators....i also mixed my aileron and aux1 for dual ailerons...it might take a little while to understand how to do it( the instructions are somewhat lacking) but just play with it until you get it right
Old 03-25-2006, 06:28 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you mix for dual elevators, use mix 5 or 6. These 2 are trim mixes so both sides will trim when you move the elevator trim.

If you use the gear channel, you'll need to set the travel adjust to zero with the gear switch in both directions. Otherwise if you accidently move the gear switch, the mixed elevator side will move.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:53 PM
Richardrc

Here is link to guide for dual elevators on the 8103:

http://isoar.ca/~andrewm/rc/JRxp8103...amming-air.pdf

I'm about to do the same with mine.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:43 AM
chadderbox

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 03-26-2006, 01:16 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ed_Moorman

When you mix for dual elevators, use mix 5 or 6. These 2 are trim mixes so both sides will trim when you move the elevator trim.

If you use the gear channel, you'll need to set the travel adjust to zero with the gear switch in both directions. Otherwise if you accidently move the gear switch, the mixed elevator side will move.
Ed is right on the money.

Plug 1 servo into the elevator port. Thats channel 3 on my stuff. Then plug the other elevator into the gear port. I think thats channel 5.

Go to programming and set it up on PMix 5 or PMix 6--because these have trim included automatically in the mix. So when you trim the elevator--both of them will work.

Use ELEV > GEAR mix and then hit the select button to set the mix rate. Set it to 100%. Move the stick up and set it to 100%. Move the stick down and set it to 100%

Hit the select button and set the mix switch to ON.

Go to travel adjustment and set the GEAR travel to 0% with the switch pulled towards you. Then flip the switch away from you and set the travel to 0%. This will deactivate the GEAR switch, so that if you accidentally hit it while flying--you won't have an elevator go up or down.

You'll have to use Sub-Trim on the GEAR to adjust that elevator. You can use it to make minor adjustments and get that elevator centered.

Both elevators should respond to trim inputs on PMix 5 or PMix 6.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:35 AM
Night Scream

Hi:

I just set up the dual elevator servos on my Funtana 125 using the programable mix 5 setting the elevator as master and the aux 3 channel for my second elevator servo.

I normally use a servo reverser but since i have a 9 channel spcm receiver I have heard you could set it up for this, since it comes with an extra channel.

It works like a charm but.. The knob for aux 3 is also active and I know since i'm clumsy, I will during transport or maybe while flying may move that knob and make that servo change its heading thus ending with an aileron back there..

Is there a way to inhibit this knob or did I set up incorrectly?

Please help...
Old 04-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Go to TRAVEL ADJUSTMENT

Hit the SELECT button until you see the screen with AUX 3

Set travel to 0%

Turn the AUX 3 dial all the way the other direction

Set travel to 0%

DONE

To adjust servo center - use AUX 3 SUB-TRIM

You might want to take the servo horn OFF while you set the travel to 0% on AUX 3. I'd go to sub-trim also and set it to 0% on AUX 3. Then put your horn back on the servo. Now adjust with sub-trim.
Old 04-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Night Scream

Thank you Rcpilot

Will this still give me full travel deflection like on the regular elevator servo??