Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

servo extensions

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

servo extensions

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 07:23 PM
Jlevin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo extensions

Hi! I have some Hitec servos and Expert Electronics 12'' extensions that I need to put in my plane. My ? is, how do you connect the extension to the servo lead i.e. which color wire goes with which color wire? A bit of a silly ?, but can't find the instructions to the extension [sm=confused.gif]
Old 04-02-2006, 08:40 PM
Hurri

Default RE: servo extensions

obviously -you put red to red /black to black . BUT if the colors are not the same of the hitec to the extensions you have got , then you should get a multimeter or even some means of continueity , don't have the battery connected just plug the servo end & the extension end together & check on the end of exten; that the red wire from the servo will be the same as end going into the receiver . A multimeter is a must when messing with electrical stuff
Old 04-02-2006, 09:36 PM
2slow2matter
My Feedback: (1)

The colors are fairly standard. Black is ground--and is black in all cases that i know of, except for JR, in which case it's brown. This fact alone will tell you which way to plug it in. Make sure the black wires line up! Red should be in the middle (or orange), and white on the other side (or yellow). With JR, brown is negative, red is positive, and orange is signal. With most others, (including hitec), it's black, red, and white. Not for sure about expert, but the neg should be black at least...
Old 04-02-2006, 09:47 PM
carrellh

The pictures of Expert extensions on the Horizon web site show the wires as Black, Red, White
Black = negative
Red = positive
White = signal

Hitec servos have
Black - negative
Red - positive
Yellow - signal