Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

ripmax electric spitfire setup

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

ripmax electric spitfire setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 06:59 AM
[email protected]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ripmax electric spitfire setup

hi,
im lokoing to get the ripmax electric spitfire. however im on the budget from hell.
can anybody suggest a cheap but quality way to kit out the airframe with RC equipment from UK shops preferably!
so far the recommended set up i have found has suggested a motor at £50 and £40 speed controller etc!!
i really need a cheaper solution as im still a student. so.........anybody know any cheap (but good 600 speed motors and speed controllers? oh...........and recievers and servos........ the works really?!?!!?
THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!
Old 04-25-2006, 12:09 PM
bigchap

Default RE: ripmax electric spitfire setup

i had one and recommend you do not use a speed 600 motor,they are heavy and gutless,on an 8x6 prop which is the most they can swing without a gearbox with a 9.6v 2500 nimh pack they pull about 40 amps which makes for an expensive esc.go to the robotbirds website and under the deals section they have a 400w brushless outrunner and esc for £60!i used one and was very pleased,if you want to keep it cheap then go to brc hobbies site and get a 9.6v nimh pack for peanuts.this can be an expensive plane to kit out with electric power,i stuck an irvine 25 in my second one and the difference was astounding(and cheap) but if you wish to stay electric then that's up to you.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:28 PM
agexpert
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: ripmax electric spitfire setup

Not UK, but a cheaper solution can be found here: http://www.tedani.com