Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

HELP! 7CAP and The Ultra Stick 60

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

HELP! 7CAP and The Ultra Stick 60

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 08:49 PM
PointMagu
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! 7CAP and The Ultra Stick 60

I'm having one helluva time getting my new Futaba 7CAP configured to the US60 with flaps and ailerons.

I had no issues programming the ailerons as flaperons with the original wing but I've added a second wing with individual flaps and getting them to work with the ailerons has caused hours of frustration.

I've read the manual forwards and backwards but cannot get the flaps to act as flaps and also to use the "CROW" feature when mixed with the ailerons.

Can anyone out there shed a little light or guide me through programming my 7CAP? It's a brand new radio and obviously,the learning curve is a tad steep for this old fart...

Thanks!

Pointmagu
Old 04-30-2006, 10:12 AM
DrtJnky

Default RE: HELP! 7CAP and The Ultra Stick 60

Sounds like you should try using the flaps on channel 6 with the vrd knob and use the ailerons on channels 1 and 5 and set them up as an "Air Brake" on a switch. I think this will do what you are trying to do. Just be carefull when you set the travels for +/- to get the required effect? I would also mix some differential as you will probably want to go full travel on the spoilerons to get the most effect from the "crow".
Old 04-30-2006, 11:04 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.futabarc.com/faq/faq-7c-q774.html

That link points to the Futaba FAQ on crow. I also have a stick with flaps that I want to crow. Unfortunatley, that FAQ only covers what to do with 2 flap servos and 2 aileron servos. HTH.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:52 PM
sportflying724

Hey, try using a Y-Connector for the ailerons.
Old 04-30-2006, 02:07 PM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sportfishing724

Hey, try using a Y-Connector for the ailerons.
sportfishing, each aileron has to be plugged into it's own channel in order to do what he needs. A y harness will take away each aileron's independence.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:04 PM
PointMagu
My Feedback: (11)

Yeah, I already downloaded those FAQ instructions...The flaps acted like a second set of ailerons. Neither I nor my club Pres. who has an earlier model comp. Futaba could get the flaps to both go down, the ailerons to both go up or the elevator to mix in.

We got the ailerons to couple with the elevator but the flaps had to be INH in order to fly the plane.

We spent 45 mins. following the instructions from Futaba's website and still no success. This is why I posted here, asking for anyone who has a 7CAP and the US60, to walk me through what step we are all missing.

I do appreciate the replys but my issue remains...

PM
Old 05-01-2006, 08:27 PM
OTT

Boy, what great timing! I just spent hours attempting to program my Ultra Stick to do both flaperons & the crow function as described on the Futaba site. I plugged the airlerons into channels 1 & 6 and the flaps into channels 5 & 7, like instructed. I encountered two problems, with the main being that when the airbrake function is activated, the ailerons & elevator worked in unison, NOT the flaps and elevator as the instructions state. The other problem, although minor, is that I'm not able to completely disable the variable rate dial.

I did, however get the flaps, airlerons & elevator to work in unison with the G switch in the up position, which should be very effective for ultra slow flight. I can't wait to give it a try, but would really like to get everything working as designed!
Old 05-02-2006, 07:58 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The assembly manual that comes with the Ultra Stick 40 has a section at the back that explains how to setup the flap/aileron configuration to function fully. The Futaba radio that is included is the 8UA/S.

The detail that might be pertinent is that with all the radios in that section, including the Futaba, the one thing the instructions say for all of them is that the glider programming in the radios is what you want to use to do the CROW etc. and how you get the radios to do those functions.

If your radio allows you to setup your model as a glider, that's how to go about getting all those functions to work according to the UStick40 manual. It appears to be an almost painless way to do it.

Another bit of advice......... there is a mfg's forum in RCUniverse and it's got a Futaba sub-forum. Those forums are supposed to be supported by the mfg's. I know that the JR one is, and is blinding fast with answers. You might see if the Futaba one can help you.