Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

What to do if can't move tank?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

What to do if can't move tank?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 03:22 PM
still burnin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do if can't move tank?

Hi, I have a Great Plane Extra 300s "40" size with a K&B 65 engine on it. The engines on these planes are installed upside down. When the plane is sitting on all three wheels everything is OK, but when the model is level like when it is flying the tank is to high and fuel can siphon out. There is no room to move the tank any lower or the engine higher, and I do flood the plug sometimes. Is the tank hight which is only a little high a big deal when the tank is pressurized anyway? I think I will try a glow plug with an idle bar.
Thanks,
Matt
Old 05-06-2006, 03:59 PM
DMcQuinn
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: What to do if can't move tank?

A "too high" tank can be problematic of you let the fuel flood the engine before you get it started. But once running, it will not be a problem. Many will start the engine with the plane upside down (with cradles to hold the plane) and only turn ot over once the engine is running. That is why you see some flight boxes with built in supports for the plane.
Old 05-06-2006, 05:27 PM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

Default RE: What to do if can't move tank?

Perry Pumps or Perry fuel regulator............they have a site