Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

GAS QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 12:14 PM
J roc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GAS QUESTION

My instructions say use only fresh high octane gas.( zdz 80) With gas prices so high I bet high octane isn't selling much. How fresh is the gas I buy? Does it go bad at the station if it isnt selling? Maybe a dumb question but I was wondering what you think.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:15 PM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: GAS QUESTION

It will be fresh enough. There are plenty of high performance cars on the road today that require high octane.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:49 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Richard L.

It will be fresh enough. There are plenty of high performance cars on the road today that require high octane.
And lots drivers covinced it will make their cars designed to run on regular, run better.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:42 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

No more than the ZDZ 80 will use, cough up the extra 15c / gal for premium. Still way less than what glow fuel costs, and the high compression of the ZDZ will make it more prone to spark nock if you run low-grade (87 octane). I have a ZDZ 50NG, I can tell a difference in 87 and 89, and definitely 91 octane gas. I even run 91 in my US-41, at 40:1 (same as the ZDZ) with Klotz synthetic as the lube. Dang, the ZDZ is sweet.