Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Epoxy Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 08:37 AM
rainedave
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Epoxy Help

Hi. Does anyone know of a national chain that's open on Sundays and sells epoxy? Preferably 30min cure?

Home Depot and Lowes only sell those tiny little .85oz syringe packages. All of my LHS are closed today. Anyone in or around the Triad area of NC know of a place? Maybe a hardware or auto parts store that's open on Sunday?

Thanks,
David
Old 05-28-2006, 08:50 AM
rainedave

Default RE: Epoxy Help

Hi again. Will Gorilla Glue work as a replacement for epoxy? I won't be using it for fuel proofing.

I need to secure some blind nuts (T-nuts) into plywood retract mounts and glue the mounts into the plane. I've never used Gorilla Glue and seem to remember rearding mixed opinions of it here. The pic shows what I need to secure:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li21176.gif
Views:	5
Size:	299.2 KB
ID:	467583  
Old 05-28-2006, 10:48 AM
redfox435cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do you have some thick CA. Dab it at the edges
Old 05-28-2006, 10:58 AM
rainedave

Thanks, redfox435cat. The reason I don't want to use CA is because once the wing is sheeted there will be no way to re-install a blind nut if one falls out, short of cutting a hole in the top of the wing.

I'm now thinking the best method is to glue another piece of ply over the blind nuts so there's no way they can fall out. I could use CA for that type of ply to ply joint.