Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Using a Y-harness with digital servos??

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Using a Y-harness with digital servos??

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 02:40 AM
rtn9105
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using a Y-harness with digital servos??

I'm starting to assemble a 33% ARF and I'm going to be running Hitec 5945 digitals on all control surfaces (2 per aileron, 2 on the elevator, and 2 on the rudder, 8 total). Since these servos are programmable I was planning to use Y-harnesses for the servos on each control surface but I've been told that when putting two digital servos on a Y-harness they can draw more current than the Y-harness can handle.
Has anyone had any experience using a Y-harness with digital servos?
Does anyone have any input on this?
Old 06-06-2006, 09:51 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Using a Y-harness with digital servos??

I have used a "Y" with Hitec 5475's several times with no problems
Old 07-13-2007, 01:43 PM
damroadhog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Using a Y-harness with digital servos??

ME to ,Y harrness is ok never a big deal. Take the time ,learn how to program your radio without the Y, keep in mind the y was made for use when using a low end radio, programing is the way to go , dial it in.

I used y's all the time because I did'nt want deal with the programing part, and I have the radio, just did'nt want complicate things, once you do it your gona be much happier. You have to be carful with the reversing Y's it's easy to exceed the limt and your surface will not hold under load, if you are planing to use 3D rates, program your radio or keep the rates just a bit lower.

Just my opinon

Dave