Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

slow responding servoes

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

slow responding servoes

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 06:21 PM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default slow responding servoes

Question for some of you radio experts. I have a futaba 9cap radio and fm rcvr. All channels work fine except for the ailerons. There are 2 servoes setup on a "Y" connector and both have a slow and sluggish response although differnt.They seem to be slow and non responsive or even lagging behind the input. I have changed the battery and will try a different rcvr next. Anyone have any other suggestions
Old 06-23-2006, 08:45 PM
redfox435cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: slow responding servoes

does it do it all the time or just that model?

are the EPA set to 100 both ways.
check the expo setting and the hi/lo rate setting and switch selection.

also a cross mix to another channel can do it which with any high end radio like this is way to easy to put in
this has happened to be a couple times and every time it's a setting that mysteriously got there and shouldn't be. a couple time I've even had to reset the entire model slot back to default when I just couldn't find it.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:01 PM
rcfury
My Feedback: (5)

As with what redfox says. What happens when you plug one servo into channel 1 (ailerons) with a Y harness. Does the servo do the same thing? How about plugging the aileron servo into another channel rudder for example. Ive seen number of servos not like Y harnesses very well, or it was straight up a bad Y harness. I try not to rely on Y harnesses. Since you have the 9cap plug the left servo in Channel 1 and the other ailerson servo in Channel 7 and set up Aileron differential. That way allows you to adjust each servo seperatly.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:40 PM
Ram-bro
My Feedback: (101)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It just so happens that I bought the Hitec Optic6 radio so I tried another receiver on the same servoes and it did the same thing. I will get rid of the Y connector and do as you suggest and hook into 2 seperate channels and see what happens.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:48 AM
muzzlemaggot
My Feedback: (7)

I've had it happen on a Y harness a few years back. Couldn't figure it out to save my tail, until I swapped the Y harness. Presto!
Old 06-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Deadeye

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are they 3004 servos? I've got a bunch of em and 30-40 percent do the same thing yours do. I think it is bad pots, and they usually start working fine after a bit. That's the reason why I switched to Hitec servos.