Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Servo Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 09:14 PM
ClarkFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Issues

Ok, heres the deal. I have a profile Fazer with an OS .52 four stroke. The other day I was flying and I started to have problems keeping a constant idle. Seemed to run good on the top end...transitioned fine, but an erratic idle. Adjusted the lower end...no good. I took it home and put it on the bench and tried to adjust everything mechanically, with no radio trim or EPA. Seemed right so I started it up. At the high end, it was going up and down in RPM. I looked at the throttle rod and it was moving back and forth. Ok....my quick connect had loosened up. I took the access plate off the bottom of the wing to get to the throttle servo and I found the whole servo very loose. My double backed tape had come loose. Easy fix. I used some glue and fixed the servo down tight. I started the engine with the plane upside down and the throttle rod still went back and forth. I checked the servo.....tight.....but I noticed the servo arm going back and forth...maybe a total of 1/8 inch. Ok....maybe a bad servo....but then I looked at the aileron servos and they too were twitching back and forth, again maybe an eighth of an inch. I extended the antenna...no good. I carried the plane outside....no change. Ok, guys....any idea how and what to check? Bad receiver?