Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

JR 10 X screen blank OH nO ????

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

JR 10 X screen blank OH nO ????

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 11:42 AM
mxracerx43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 10 X screen blank OH nO ????

Hello all I recently lost a plane I had programmed into my heli 10X and while trying to find it I fell in some high wet weeds now the touch/display screen is blank the TX is transmitting and beeps when I move trims but there is no screen anyone know if this can be repaired I will call JR on monday but I am a little nevous right now I just got this thing. Thanks
Old 07-23-2006, 12:40 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: JR 10 X screen blank OH nO ????

anything can be fixed just a matter of how much.sounds like you may have cracked the screen in the fall.in the meantime to dry it out place is screen down and wait a few days for everything to day,it may come on again if it was just wet.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:27 PM
SamD

Send it in to Horizon, they have VERY good customer service and a "liberal" repair policy. Translated: I've yet to be charged for anything I've sent in for repair.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:27 PM
bla bla

Yes, this is a typical JR 10X problem... the screen is VERY moisture sensitive as you've found out.
One well place rain drop that is able to run to the edge of the screen and seep under the foam seal will blank it out and it's a goner!
You can repare it yourseft if you feel comfident, you'll need a new LCD screen and a new foam seal. The old one will break when you take the old screen of.
Just a word of causion, the 10X is fabulously difficult to get into, a real puzzel including many screws... make a real note of what came off what part, at what point.
Horizon won't sell you the individual parts, you'll have to get them from Mc Greggor in England.
The parts are expensine by the way.
AS you can possible tell, I have had experience with this 10x problem! Me and many other people!

If you do fix it yourself you'll be best of leaving the plastic film on the screen and not removing it before installation.
The screen is a little more difficult to see but we have found that it helps, being more resilient to rain/snow drops than without.
One guy has even taken to using bathroom transparent silicon smeared around the edge. This was his 3rd screen... drastic measures indeed.
If you don't feel up to it, send to Horizon and pay the extra Bucks...but be ready for the Classic JR Answer when faced with this problem...
"really, we're never heard of this before!"
Least the European distibutors own up and admit it's a real problem and sell you the bits to do a home fix!
By the way, we've tested various drying techniques and nothing works.
It's such a problem that I and several other people carry a spare screen when you go to competitions.
They're normaly always held during rainy weather!

They may do the first fix for free (yeah, like dream on)... but certainly not the second, or the third.
There happens to be a disclaimer within the manual text... says something like "the LCD screen is sensitive to moisture"
Well, we can all feel secure in the knowledge that the man that wrote the instructions sure knew his stuff!
Old 07-23-2006, 06:44 PM
SamD

As I said: Send it to Horizon. I've yet to have a problem with anything I've returned along with quite a few of my fellow club members who've had great service from them- free of charge. Sure wish the same could be said of Tower- but that's another topic.