Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

stick mount ?

Old 08-15-2006, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stick mount ?

I'm a total newb to stik mounts and guess i'm just dence but i just don't see how to attach brush or brushless motors to them . Usually if i see something 1 time i get it but this 1 makes me feel dumb. can some 1 post close up pics and step by step how to's to put a motor on a stick and whats the diff between inrunner and outrunner mounting ty john
Iguess flying glow motors all my like made me totally blond to electrics mental bock ?
Old 08-15-2006, 08:45 PM
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: stick mount ?

Many electric motors will come with the mount a stick type mount. All you do is drill a hole in the stick where the mount has openings (In the pic there isnt a hole drilled yet).

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39310.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	507951  
Old 08-15-2006, 08:51 PM

TY Gringo i think i see the curved piece around the front of the motor with 1 maybe 2 screws into it is that correct, and then the square piece around the stick and it's all 1 piece?
Old 08-15-2006, 09:23 PM

all one piece with 2 screws, this particular one is on a himax 2812. I have had problems with it bending on anything less than a perfect landing on belly landings. If you go with one of these motors I would recomend buy a few extra mounts as backups.
Old 08-15-2006, 09:35 PM

o thought it looked like it might be a little weak towards the back end if all the attachments were at the front ty again gringo i think i'm finnaly getting to see the foest for the trees
Old 08-15-2006, 09:55 PM

this motor is an outrunner so the black part of the motor back is what rotates, the only part that doesnt rotate is that blues frame where the mount is attached to

However you can reverse the motor and mount it from the back, but then you cant use the stick mount you go with a firewall mount
Old 08-15-2006, 10:40 PM

Ohhh i c. i bet i'd be better off getting a mount and an enine maybe a starter engine so i can work with it a while all this is getting easier to see know thx again gringo. can u recommend a good starter motor and mount to start working with ?
john
May be some thing in a small park flier size.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:37 AM

I dont really know what you would classify as a starter motor as they all pretty much run the same way. A small outrunner like this Himax 2812 would be a good place to start. If you dont like the stick mount it can be reverse mounted to the firewall. Also check out the AXI motors as they can be mounted in reverse as well. Look down at the bottom of this page and there is a graphic showing hoe to mount the motors.
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/brushless-axi2814.htm

If you are new I would probably recomend buying one of the combo packages that a lot of folks sell. That way you know you have a good motor, esc, and batt to airframe setup.