Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Questions about the Great Planes Cap 232?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Questions about the Great Planes Cap 232?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 02:13 PM
Limawer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about the Great Planes Cap 232?

I would like to know how the GP Cap 232 40 performs in the air. How much vertical does it have? What aerobatics does it excel in? What doesn't excel? How does it compare to the GP Extra 300S .40 characteristics?
Limawer
Old 08-19-2006, 05:06 AM
Jacked Up Customs

Default RE: Questions about the Great Planes Cap 232?

It's along the same lines as a 300s. I personally think when it comes down to those two side by side the choice is made by the look. Which do you like better and then grab.
300's, Cap and Giles 202 all are going to do 3D There is a difference but it's so small in most cases some people will say it does this and some will say the same thing does that.

For me the look and the fact that it's not over popular at the field I went with the 202 oh and it seems to pull better with a .46 FX than the Caps 232 and 300's etc.
I think the Phionex version also looks larger scale than the others 40 size arfs.
Raidentech.com has so 40 size ARF as low as $99. Over subject but they have a great deal on a zero Arf with retracts $125 and no s/h price gauging.

As far as throw thats all up to you. Little cut out here little servo and rod adjustment and even throwing on some Carbin Fiber rods will make more throw due to no deflection.

Thats my 2 cents..
Old 08-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Greg Agar

Default RE: Questions about the Great Planes Cap 232?

My dad had one that had an OS 70 surpass on it and it flew great. It would do all that he asked it to do. He lost it as the rudder failed during a knife edge. The control horn broke loose from the rudder as the wood on the bottom of the rudder was soft and broke under the load. He was not quick enough to catch it and in she went. He wants another one and I know he misses it. Good Luck, Greg