Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

e flight park 400

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

e flight park 400

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 12:24 AM
defilmcrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e flight park 400

I have a park 400 brushless outrunner engine and with my 2 cell 1320 MaH lipo from thunder power and it will not even think about hovering my foamie phase 3 ultimate its on a 10x4.75 apc slow flyer prop. it also has a thunderbird 18A speed control and a full range hi tec micro reciever. why is it not having the power to lift my plane do I need the 3 cell 1320 MaH lipo or is there another problem?
Old 04-28-2007, 11:06 PM
sax2ter

Default RE: e flight park 400

you should probably try a 3 cell, 11.1 v lipo battery with a discharge rate of at least 20C. The lower voltage or a 7.4v lipo means way less power. Your plane will scream with an 11.1 volt cell on it.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-28-2007, 11:37 PM
sax2ter

Default RE: e flight park 400

I forgot to mention in my previous post, the 1320mah refers to how long the battery will last. Think of it as your fuel tank. A 900mah battery will put out the same voltage and amps as a 1320 provided the voltage is the same and the discharge rate is the same. It just won't last as long, so you will have shorter flight times as the mah rating on you battery decreases. You should easily be able to hover and pull out of hovers with authority if you go to a 3 cell, 11.1v lipo with a 20C discharge rate. Keep in mind that it will be slightly heavier, so you may need to shift your CG, however, the extra gain in power and thrust will easily make up for any small addition of weight. For optimum battery performance, always use a balancer, or a charger that incorporates a balancer into its circuitry.