Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Center line for fuel tank

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Center line for fuel tank

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Birman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Center line for fuel tank

Hi everyone. It's been 11 years since I built a kit (getting back into the hobby) and I seem to remember something about the center line of the fuel tank being in line with the carb. Is this correct? Can someone direct me to a web site that goes over installing the fuel tank?

Thanks a bunch,
Larry
Old 09-19-2006, 10:28 PM
rcfury
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Center line for fuel tank

As i dont have a website to refer you to. However, you are correct. The centerline of the tank should be as close to being inline with the carb. Usually the tank position is more important on inverted mounted engines as if the tank is too high you could get a syphon effect, which could drown your glowplug. If you cant get it perfect then its fine you wont really notice a differance.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as you are within 1/4" - 3/8" of the spraybar in the carb you should have no problems. Ideally is the same height.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:58 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To get the most even fuel flow over the flight, the fuel jet/spraybar should be centered on the fuel used. If you normally leave a half inch of fuel in the tank after a flight, then the center of the tank should be 1/4" lower than the spraybar.