Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Old gas tanks

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 02:45 AM
matt mccurry
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old gas tanks

Hi,
I bought an long time modeler out and the load came with a lot of odd looking gas tanks.
Many metal smaller tanks. They are in good shape.
Is there any value in these type of tanks. I would sell them if I new they had any value.
It also came with some very big plastic tanks that have a big screw on cap. Are these any good?
They are all in good shape.
Thanks,
Matt
Old 01-14-2003, 04:03 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Old gas tanks

Matt it is very likely that metal ones are controlline tanks. These generally but not always had three tubes (pickup, overflow and fill) and came in an amazing assortment of shapes with the wedge, rectangular and combination wedge/square being the most common. Capacitys usually ranged from 1/2 ounce to five ounce. A common brand was 'Perfect' and had the name embossed on the end caps. Yes they still have value and are still used by the Ukie crowd although most are now made by small cottage industry. Since RCU does not have a Ukie forum check out the controlline forum at RCW.

Most of the early manufactured RC tanks were the round bottle type which probably hit the market in the late fiftys. Although round tanks are not popular now if the tanks are in good shape and seal then use them.

John