Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Hog Bipe maiden flight

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Hog Bipe maiden flight

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 08:59 PM
thepope
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hog Bipe maiden flight

I made my maiden flight tonight on my Hog Bipe. I have a Rossi 60 with an 11x7 prop on it which I used on a previous Bipe. I balanced it as per the instructions at 3-1/4". It acted really doggy almost like it wasn't going fast enough. I had many hours flying my old Bipe with the same engine/prop combo. The only thing different is I put a pitts style muffler on the Rossi because it was much lighter than the old clamp on style that was on it. I am getting about 11,000 rpm at max power. Should I try a different prop or does it sound like a balance issue???
Bill
Old 10-02-2006, 09:11 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Hog Bipe maiden flight

Try a 12x6 or 12x8 on it. On my first Hog Bipe I had an OS 60 FX and had the same issues that you're having. The plane didn't really come alive until I moved to an OS 91 4-stroke. The extra torque really makes this plane fly great. If you can't move up to the 4-stroke the bigger prop may help you out some.

Ken
Old 10-09-2006, 08:40 AM
Swager
My Feedback: (1)

I finally did a flight on the Hog Bipe I bought off of a club member last year (Im scared about flying new airplanes).

A fellow club member got it in the air for me and we trimmed it out. I took over the controls and it flew nicely. We noticed in the turn that the engine reved up alittle. The guy with me said, "Get in your landing pattern, you may be running out of fuel." Sure enough, halfway through the landing pattern, she konked out. We were too low to do a transmitter switch, so he coached me into the deadstick. I got it down in one piece. Actually, if I would have flared more on the landing it would have been perfect, but I did bounce alittle.

So, my first time flying a bipe, first time flying a 4-stroke and I get a deadstick!

Old 10-10-2006, 11:47 AM
bbbair

Wow; a rough weekend for Hog Bipes...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4842957/tm.htm