Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Ready 2 From ARC

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Ready 2 From ARC

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 03:49 PM
speedmistro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ready 2 From ARC

If anyone has one or if anyone knows why this is happening and how i can fix it please let me know.
OK here it is.

I Passed my A test a few weeks back and have noticed my planes nose wheel turnes to the left slightly when the rudder is nutral so i loosned my nose wheel and straightened it up when i put the screw back into the slot where it holds the wheel in place so you can control the nose wheel with the rudder i can screw it in as far as it gose but for some reasson it isnt getting a hold of the wheel so i cant control it with the rudder it just rotates around on its own.

If anybody has a clue what im on about help would be greatly appreciated
Old 10-13-2006, 06:17 PM
red head

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Ready 2 From ARC

In the past I have run into this a couple times and here is what I was able to do to fix it.

#1 The first thing I would look at is if there is a flat ground onthe nose wheel shaft. If not -- line up the nose wheel and rudder then mark the shaft and grind a flat on the shaft for the set screw to lock onto.

# 2 Check the set screw and make sure it hasn't stripped out the plastic threads in the steering arm. If the threads are stripped you will probably have to replace the arm. I have threaded a larger set screw into a stripped hole and made it work. Another thing I've done is to replace the arm with a Dubro arm # 166. If its stripped and you are very carefull you could also drill out the arm and epoxy a wheel collar into the arm.

My guess is that there isn't a flat spot on the shaft and you have stripped the set screw hole.

Good Luck and ENJOY !!! RED
Old 10-14-2006, 05:26 AM
speedmistro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ready 2 From ARC

Yea thanks it was the case i needed a new arm so i hope they have one at the model shop or im not going to get to fly this weekend.