Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

starNEED HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 08:59 AM
22Ryan22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starNEED HELP!

Hey guys, just a quick question. The place where i fly at with my nexstar has a short pavement runway with a big ol' curb at the end. the runway is large enough to safely land my plane but a few times i flelt i would for sure smack the curb which is not good.

So my question is is there any way i can slow the plane down fast once landed?

I tried squishing the wheels between the collars but they just wear grooves in the rims.

So really, is there anything i can do?\
thanks!
Old 12-07-2006, 09:16 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: starNEED HELP!

Ryan,
Try putting a small piece of fuel tubing between the wheel collar and the wheel. By doing this you can move the collars in and "squish" the tubing between the collar and the wheel. This will act as a brake and slow down the plane quicker.

Hope this helps

Ken
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23144.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	573209  
Old 12-07-2006, 01:43 PM
Flying freak

Please note that hit is a 2 way street if you make your plane stop quick when you land it will be harder to get it up to speed for take off so the shorter your landing roll the longer you will need to get off the ground
Old 12-07-2006, 02:55 PM
22Ryan22

very true. Thank you for your help. I will absolutely try the fuel tubing idea as it seems very promising.

The main problem is that my runway is on a very gradual slope. I take off and land on a slope, the only problem is it is sortof hard to stop a 6 lb plane with a prop spinning as i like the fact that i can take-off quickly if something goes wrong.

I just wanted a little breaking action, thats all.

and i am sure the nexstar could easily take off as i used a pair of channel locks to pinch the wheel collars on all three wheels!