Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Engine Help!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Engine Help!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 06:48 PM
iflyg450

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Help!!!!!!!!!!

Putting the finishing touches on a M.E.N 40 its an old kit recomended engine is .35-.45 weight around 4.5lbs. I am sure I want to put a .46 just not sure on brand. This is a solid sport plane. [I know the O.S. 46Ax is good but at $109.00 is it really that much better then say a thunder tiger ect..... Their has to be other solid engines out there?[&:] any help would be great
Old 01-11-2007, 07:14 PM
alan0899

Default RE: Engine Help!!!!!!!!!!

G'day Mate,
OS 46AX's are great we have 2 of em, TT 46Pro is a great engine, we have to pay $149.00 Aprox, for either of em here in Australia, so at $109.00 I'd grab one.
JMHO, keep away from Super Tigre, I will get heaps of flack about that, but do yourself a favour & stick to TT or OS.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:19 PM
lrtx1

Check out an MVVS. There is a forum here for them, Engine manufactures. I have a .25 and it is very nice. I would assume their .45 is just as good. A fellow in the forum, Dar Zeelon, is very helpful.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:46 PM
wylieruneyjr

The Magnum 46 is a solid no problem engine. Transitions from idle to full trottle good no bad habits inexpensive powerfull. I have taken new engines, removed glow plug, blocked muffler end with finger while spinning over with electric starter until fuel blew out and it was flushed good, then put plug in crank em up adjust rich go flying. lean out after 10 fligths. no bench break in. I know somebody will disagree with my method but it works for me! price $79.99 The guys that make,em use to work for OS and many years ago the parts use to be inter changeable. As related to me by a senior pilot at my club . good luck