Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

mounting my G-26

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

mounting my G-26

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 10:47 PM
p3313r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mounting my G-26

I have a Zenoah G-26 that I want to put on my Wild stik 1.20 the engine sticks out in a couple places in the back preventing me from mounting it directly to the flat surface of the firewall and i wondered if anyone had done this before. i wasent sure if it was better to bring the engine out with some spacers or if i should carve into the firewall a little bit. i also wondered how high up i should mount the engine. Thanks.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:26 AM
bps
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: mounting my G-26

I would suggest using some beveled washers to set right and down thrust in the motor. This will space the back of the engine out enough to clear, or at least it did on my triplane.

JEB
Old 01-19-2007, 09:24 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: mounting my G-26

The choice is yours really. If the engine is in the right place and you don't want to move it out, then cut into the FW. If you can easily move the engine forward, take that route.