Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Engine mounting question

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Engine mounting question

Old 01-21-2007, 07:02 PM
secret_squirrel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine mounting question

Hi everyone,

I have an off the wall question that I hope someone can help me with. I have two airplane, we will call them airplane 1 and airplane 2. I want to do some engine swaping between the two and wonder if anyone can tell me if the engines will fit. Both airplane run great now and I don't want to mess with them if it won't work. I know I can take the engines off and try I was just wondering if someone on this list had enough knowledge to answer me :-)

Engines now in Airplanes:

Aiplane 1 has an old Super Tigre .60 blue head.
Airplane 2 has had an OS 61 SF and a Magnum .53 XL

I have an extra Supre Tigre .75 I am thinking of putting in Airplane 1. Airplane 1 has a generic mount (The kind that bolts over the top of the engine) so I know it will fit. My question, does anyone know if the Super Tigre .60 blue head will fit in Airplane 2. I guess you would have to know the dimensions of three engines (Super Tigre .60 blue head, OS 61 SF, and a Magnum .53 XL) to answer and I don't.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,
Old 01-21-2007, 07:07 PM
carrellh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Engine mounting question

Most likely the Super Tigre .60 blue head has the same mounting footprint as the OS 61 SF. Weight might be different; be sure to check the CG.