Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Engine size??

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 07:55 PM
VTRDRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine size??

Buliding a Great Planes Extra 300s 40size and having trouble deciding on an engine. Looking at the supertiger .61 but will it fit in the cowl. The supertiger .45 better fit but enough power? Would like it to perform well and not cut big holes in the cowl. This is my first kit and want to make it right. Thanks
Old 02-01-2007, 08:10 PM
LANNYBOB

Default RE: Engine size??

supertigre 51 will do you good
Old 02-01-2007, 08:28 PM
hezik

An OS 50 SX would also do good.. it's light (the .61 is about 150 gram heavier) and produces the same output as the ST .61. It's 7.1cm high measured from the engine mount.

I hope this is not the first airplane you plan to fly?
Old 02-02-2007, 03:42 PM
speed lover

an irvine 46 is a great engine I have one in my 60" cap 232 it weighs 6lbs and it flys great I also have an mds 58 and what a power it is very light and not too big either the throttle is very sensitive had a 12x6 wooden zinger on it and it reved like it didnt have a propeller on it instant compared to a 40 or 46 it is in a different class mines weighed 550g with c2 carb prop nut and washer with a bcm pitts exhaust my father said it had more power and response than his os 60 but I had to warm it up good and be more accurate and carefull tunning it hope this helps