Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Covering material

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Covering material

Old 02-13-2002, 06:04 PM
PaulR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Covering material

I,m trying to find covering material for electric planes. About 15 years ago I built an Astro Viking and covered it with a heat shrink material that looked like heavy duty silk span with a nearly see thru coating on top of it. I can't find it and my local hobby shop, and when I asked they said Ulta coat was the way to go. I recovered my Viking (wing and fuse) and had to add 4 ounces of weight to the nose to get it to balance. Any recomendations?
Old 02-13-2002, 10:26 PM
Dzlstunter

You might be thinking of Polyspan which has a silkspan feel to it, but is heat shrinkable. It does NOT GO AROUND CURVES! If this is the product, you would recognize this characteristic right away. If it is, there are several sources for it. Dzl
Old 02-14-2002, 12:04 AM
CaptainHook
My Feedback: (80)

Default covering

The only other I can think of is Solartex, plastic heat shrink with a woven appearance. Comes in many colors from Europe,
Old 02-14-2002, 01:40 AM
BingoFlyer

Try CoverLite by Coverite. It is like doped tissue and less than 1oz/yard. It's a new covering developed for park flyers.