Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

What's the dif?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

What's the dif?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 11:28 AM
kd7oir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's the dif?

What's the difference between all the types of fuel out there? I see plane boat car helli all with the same amount of nitro and close to the same lube content. So what's the dif? Can car fuel be run in a plane or helli or can boat fuel be run in a plane?
Thanks
Shawn
P.S. I think I know the answer I'm just checking these knives in this drawer for sharpness
Old 02-09-2007, 12:25 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: What's the dif?

fuel is fuel type of oil could be different between the types.not long ago all there was was plane fuel that was used in cars boats and heli's.methanol is the main ingredient and is the same for all as is nitro-methane.that just leaves the type of oil either castor or synthetic and what brand of synthetic.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:09 PM
RandyD
My Feedback: (8)

I agree with aerowolf but can add something about heli fuel. Heli fuel has an additive to allow it to smoke more than car and fixed wing fuel. In a car, you realize a problem in about 15 seconds and pull it over to the side of the road. A plane, the pilot realizes a problem in about 4 seconds and begins to scan the area for a dead stick landing (good luck!). A helicopter pilot realizes a problem in under a second and enters an auto. The plane and heli times are fact (not sure about the car). When your heli engine quits you need to know NOW, hence the extra smoke.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:16 PM
roofer

I am running my car on 30% heli feul. engine runs cooler and much more lubrication am thinking of running my plane engine on that too
Old 02-13-2007, 03:39 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

I run all my planes on 30 percent heli fuel (along with the helis) thats what we buy in bulk and I dont feel like lugging two different jugs to the field.