Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

reversing a servo

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

reversing a servo

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 07:47 PM
KI8FR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default reversing a servo

I have seen a post on here about reversing a servo but I cant find it.. I do not want to use a Y that will reverse a servo. I have my reasons way I do not what to use them..

I will be useing 2 servos for my elavator but I need to reverse one.. I know that there are 2 wires on the pot and on the moter that can be changed and that is all the info I have on it.. What one do I need to swich and to were do they swich too.

If you can help me out on this, it would be great
Old 02-17-2007, 09:42 PM
john_s3
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: reversing a servo

tellspin_37 Is There a Reason You Can't Mount The Servo Upside Down And Mount The Arm 180 Deg.So The Arm Are The Same But The Servos Are Mounted Oppeset From Each other. The Arm In The Front Of The Servo On One Side Of The Fuse And Fliped Over On The Other.
Old 02-17-2007, 09:46 PM
KI8FR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought of that. The servos are in the plane and they are not in line with the bell crank on the elavator. The one servo push rod would be longer and the elavater will not more the same..
Old 02-17-2007, 11:38 PM
alan0899

G'day Tellspin_37,
Do have a computer radio?
The length of the push rod won't make a differerence to the throw, if it move 1/2" at one end, the other end has to move 1/2" too.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:43 PM
jetmech05

general answer here..... the easiest way is to mount the 2 servos either facing each other or facing away from each other. with the servo arms in the same direction. (up or down). next thing to do if you have a computer radio is to put one servo on one channel the other servo on another channel.
if all that fails then id use a reversing y before i ever changed leads on a servo. servos are standard for a reason. mostly to pervent confusion down the road somewhere. always go the easiest route.
Old 02-18-2007, 04:00 AM
The Ghost

I know that there are 2 wires on the pot and on the moter that can be changed and that is all the info I have on it.. What one do I need to swich and to were do they swich too.
There should be 3 wires on the pot. You just swap over the outside wires(side to side) and then swap the motor wires over(side to side).

Cheers