Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Looking for SCALE SKIN info...

Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Looking for SCALE SKIN info...

Old 04-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (11)
PointMagu's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 672
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for SCALE SKIN info...

I read an old article in RC Reports about a mylar applique called Scale Skins. This is a computer-generated graphic that is applied over solid surfaces and gives a scale rivet, panel line and access panel effect.

I would like more info on the company, pricing, availability, etc., for my upcoming Invader project.

Anyone have a working history with this product?

The photos accompanying the article make this look to be a SUPER finish for scale aircraft.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Old 04-01-2007, 01:12 PM
My Feedback: (90)
TLH101's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Elephant Butte, N.M.
Posts: 6,707
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking for SCALE SKIN info...

Long Gone.[&o]
They were only around for a year or two. Made the models look "ARFy".
Old 04-03-2007, 09:51 PM
My Feedback: (34)
tailskid's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Tolleson, AZ
Posts: 9,486
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Looking for SCALE SKIN info...

I used them a couple of times and LOVED 'em....too bad they went under....I think they had something going for them!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.