Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Decals

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 02:22 PM
KI8FR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Decals

I would like to put decals on my plane like the ones on the plane in the pic. Can any one tell me a good way to make or get them?

Thanks
Paul
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94774.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	663374  
Old 04-13-2007, 09:53 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Decals

If they are not available already made from a manufacturer (best way ), you have 2 other options for decals.

1. Send the design to a graphic art shop (there are a couple listed here on RC Universe ) and have them cut them from self adhesive vinyl.

2. Find a picture of what you want then scan it into your computer. Use a graphics program (Photoshop, Corel, etc) to clean the scanned image up. Then resize it (either in the graphics program or a word processor ) and print it on water slide decal paper. Depending on how large the decal is going to be you made need to split the decal into 2 (or more ) decals to get the size you need.

Water slide decal paper is available in clear and white (printers do not print white ). I get mine from http://www.beldecal.com/ It costs about $1.00 per sheet.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:04 PM
RCPtero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another option I've been using to put nose art on my birds is to print it from a computer, cut some clear monokote to cover it and then ironing it in place. Works okay for relatively small graphics. Not certain it would work good on larger graphics due to the hassles of getting trapped air bubbles.

--
Tom
Old 05-21-2007, 12:50 PM
Jonathan Ott
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That graphic set is available from Charlies Flying Circus [link=http://www.cfcgraphics.com]Charlies Flying Circus[/link]

He has a lot of good looking sets