Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Odd aileron servo issue.

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Odd aileron servo issue.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 09:32 AM
ZoomZoom-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd aileron servo issue.

[8D]Here's the deal. I am running two seperate aileron servos via a y harness in an aircraft project I'm finishing. I tested these as I was installing them in the wing with a RX and battery and my 6 channel futaba radio. Everything worked fine. I went on to finish the fuse, installed the RX and other servos and finished that up. Attached the pre-tested wing to the fuse and reattached the y harness link to the RX. When turned on, the servos go full deflection, humm and wont respond to any TX input. Hmmm. Thats me not the servos now. So these are my ideas as to what the problems may be...

1- I have the y harness plugged into the wrong channel, or, it has changed and now needs to be in another channel due to other things(rudder/elevator) which are present and plugged in now but weren't before.

2- I'm temporarily using a different (4 channel not six) TX to test this with while my other one is being serviced. Oddly enough it works the elevator and rudder fine....but maybe the y harness is confusing it?

Feel free to chime in with any ideas regarding this. TIA

ZZ.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:42 AM
Bud Faulkner
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Odd aileron servo issue.

This may be a dumb question but is it plugged into the aileron channel?
Old 06-25-2007, 09:46 AM
r2champion

Rule out a faulty y-harness first by plugging in each aileron servo, one at a time, into the aileron channel on the reciever to see if the probelm still exists. Which channel is it currently installed in? Are the other control surfaces affected?
Old 06-25-2007, 11:57 AM
firstplaceaviator
My Feedback: (27)

I had the exact same problem last year. I found that I had plugged the Y-harness into the receiver backwards. The servos would go full travel and not respond to the Tx. As soon as I plugged the harness in properly, the problem disappeared. I'm not saying that this is your problem. But, the symptoms are identical. Double check each connection, just to be sure.
Doug
Old 06-25-2007, 12:16 PM
ZoomZoom-RCU

Thanks guys! and especially you Firstplace....cause that sounds like exactly what it might be. This isn't a futaba RX so sometimes its real easy to get stuff plugged in backwards (ie doesnt have the alignment tabs). I'm betting thats just what I did. I'll go check!

ZZ.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:27 PM
Kelsey_B

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had problems using servos in each wing panel, usually after the first flying season. The problem turned out to be the silver colored pins used in the extensions and Y-harnesses I was using. Once I switched to better accessories with gold plated connectors, my problems went away. The fewer plugs the better. I have even cut the plugs off of my y-harnesses and solder them directly to the servo wiring.