Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Traveling with Radio Equipment

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Traveling with Radio Equipment

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 01:56 PM
sptlckr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traveling with Radio Equipment

Hi Everyone,

This is my absolute furst post here. I can tell that I have a lot to learn and that I have found a great place to do it.

I have a question that I am hopping to get a quick reponse to. My father has a spare radio, reciever, servos etc. that he wants to give me. My mother is flying out to see us so my dad was going to pack it up and send if with her in her checked luggage. She is a bit nervous that she'll be questioned about it etc....

So my question is, has any one heard of any issues with traveling and the radio equipment? At this point my dad is just going to box it up and send it through the mail to me...but I'd like to get it quicker if I can...

Thanks!
Ed
Old 07-02-2007, 02:16 PM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: Traveling with Radio Equipment

I have sent radio equip etc through checked luggage several times. I have even sent lipos, radios and other things. One time someone brought me a new futaba 7CAP on an international flight from the US with no problem. Worst come to worst they just open it and look at it. Those guys know what to look for and will realize that what you packed isnt anything to be concerned about.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:21 PM
Gremlin Castle
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: Traveling with Radio Equipment

In checked baggage it should not be a problem even in this day and age. If the screeners have a problem they usually just open the bag and look. There isn't much out there that they can't open if they need to.

It never hurts to call the airline and ask the question but it really is no different than packing any other piece of electronic equipment in checked luggage.