Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

GB Falcon 56 vs the New GB Falcon III

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

GB Falcon 56 vs the New GB Falcon III

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 04:49 PM
jetranger-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GB Falcon 56 vs the New GB Falcon III

I built the old 56 way back when. Have the new kit. Besides the plywood fuse and bolt on wing is there any major difference. Have an OS 35 R/C from 75 and 75 Kraft SS both mint , radio updated and looking for a new home. Can't use plastic covering on this one would not be right. Thinking of fabic---or I have a ton of the colored silk they used to make. Now dope and silk, who could ask for any thing better. Only thing the ply fuse might not look good in silk, may be better getting the all balsa Falcon 56 by Easy Built Models.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:20 PM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: GBG Falcon 56 vs the New GBG Falcon III

the original had balsa spars I think the mark 2 had balsa spars with bass laminated to them do not know what the 3 has for spars seems like it would be easier to use solid bass spars.I think the fin is different also.you could always use the iron on coverings but monokote is pre 1970 by a few years so using it would still be from that era
Old 07-08-2007, 09:09 PM
jetranger-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GBG Falcon 56 vs the New GBG Falcon III

Looked at the plans, main spar has bass or spruce glued to top and bottom rest looks the same. As for fin 1/4 sheet, I think org. was 3/16. Stab same. I think front top of fuse was rounded, new one is flat. Was the engine mounted on hard wood rails, new has two piece mount which they did not have back then.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:54 AM
aerowoof

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: GB Falcon 56 vs the New GB Falcon III

actually the original had the engine mount on a 1/8 ply break away mount that was then bolted to the hardwood rails in the fuselage.I thought the newer kits added a dorsal to the front of the fin which the orginal did not have it just fit in slots in the stab and was pretty much self algining
Old 07-09-2007, 10:50 PM
HighPlains

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: GB Falcon 56 vs the New GB Falcon III

the orginal did not have it just fit in slots in the stab and was pretty much self algining
This was because the entire tail was held on by rubber bands over the stab.