Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

piper pawnee ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 08:31 PM
tarheel flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default piper pawnee ?

Does anyone know if there is a piper pawnee crop duster kit in arf form availble?
Old 07-13-2007, 12:32 AM
roknHS

Default RE: piper pawnee ?

I don't believe you'll see anything offered domestically...........Try some of the Scale Sailplane Forums..........I think you'll find some links to European manufacturers that offer these as tow planes.........If you aren't stuck on the Pawnee; RCGUYS.com will have a 1/5 scale Cessna 188 AG WAGON ready for us later this year. Around 98" wingspan...........they have produced some really nice BIG ARF planes as you will see if you visit their web site. I have the Decathlon and it is a beauty. I have already decided that when the AG WAGON comes out I will have to have one.

Hope this helps
Old 07-13-2007, 06:59 PM
tarheel flyer

Thanks for the info. I've been looking a duster for awhile now, Don't have to be a pawnee any duster plane will do. guess i'll have to wait for the agwagon .
Old 07-13-2007, 10:52 PM
KenR
My Feedback: (17)

Their is a kit of the Piper out there. It is made by TMRC Radio Control( Tom Martin) and Team Duster Designs sells a scale Air Tractor kit. I hae one of the Air Tractor kits but not started it yet. He has a real nice construction CD with over 500 pics.

Ken
Old 07-15-2007, 09:50 AM
outacontrol41
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please....do some research as to quality of service after the sale and waiting period of product after the order is placed. There is much to be learned there when dealing with different individuals or companies. You could end up very disappointed. However, I've heard nothing but good things about Team Dusters and am considering one of their kits in the future. As for the Pawnee....there is information available in these forums so it's worth taking a look and do some research. Here is another option to check out --- www.kitcutters.com/Gra/GraPA25Pawnee.htm
The prices seem decent and you can get the Pawnee cowl from Fiberglass Specialties.
Then there is the AgWagon that roknhs has been drooling over lately....I'm getting one of those, too.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:44 AM
JimO
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Their is an Air Tractor thread in Kit building. I am in the process of finishing mine though work has gotten in the way. It is a great short kit and Hollis has all the links on his page for any and all needed supplies to build it. You can make it as detailed as you want or limit it to a Sunday flyer. Mine will be about half of both.

JimO
Old 07-16-2007, 01:24 AM
roknHS

You boys are talking kits built from a "thousand pieces"................the man wants an ARF....

ALMOST READY TO FLY................as I said.......if you aren't stuck on the Pawnee......this AG WAGON should satisfy most pilot's appetite for a crop duster.........and based on what I've seen of the RCGUYS products..........its gonna be a great looking RC aircraft.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:53 AM
JimO

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree but if it is not out there in an ARF and you rally want one, build it.

JimO
Old 07-16-2007, 07:48 AM
outacontrol41

ORIGINAL: JimO

I agree but if it is not out there in an ARF and you rally want one, build it.

JimO
Correct! The RC Guys Agwagon ARF is the only one known in existence right now. So what if you can't build and you want another ag plane to add to your fleet? It appears RC Guys will have cornered the market with this new ARF coming out. If they sell very good there's a chance a copy cat company will possibly put an ARF ag plane out but we'll have to see on that one. Currently, though, it's either RC Guys or build!!
BTW....I've been looking for an ag plane ARF for years until RC Guys announced their forthcoming kit. They simply don't exist right now.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:06 PM
gator8287

Hanger 9 just put out an 80" pawnee and I have down loaded the instruction manuel from thier site looks really good. I haven't had anything that looked like or was built like junk from them its allgood.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:15 PM
gator8287

here are some pic of the hanger 9 Pawnee
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax72844.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	883388   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51148.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	883389   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uz68627.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	883390   Click image for larger version

Name:	Au56956.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	883391   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gr91319.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	883392   Click image for larger version

Name:	Du21220.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	883393  
Old 04-17-2008, 06:48 PM
gtnkick

I just put together one. It is a beautiful plane, on prob if built by the book look to add 5 to 6 ozs
Old 04-17-2008, 06:50 PM
gtnkick

I just put together one. It is a beautiful plane, on prob if built by the book look to add 5 to 6 ozs
to the tail, still looking for a better idea. battery back as far as possible.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:51 PM
gator8287

I just recieved mine thursday last week and have it together havent got to balance yet since i intend to add smoke for effect. The aircraft itself is stunning to saythe least and the fothought and workmanship is impecable. You wont find a better ARF anywhere in my opinion. Untill I have it in the air I have nothing negative to say about the pawnee at all one of the best I have put together.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:23 PM
chogg
My Feedback: (1)

has anyone tried the E-flight pawnee15 with a glow engine on it instead of electric?
Old 04-28-2008, 11:45 PM
outacontrol41

I've been waiting for one since December last year. Finally gave up and cancelled the order last week.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:15 AM
bassfisher
My Feedback: (21)

chogg - I built the E-Flite Pawnee for a customer with a OS .25. It took a little bit more time (had to make engine beams and add an additional firewall), but it flew great. Now, he has the entire package up for sale.

Outacontrol - which plane are you waiting for? the .40 size or the E-Flite one
Old 04-30-2008, 07:56 AM
outacontrol41

bass,
I WAS waiting on the E-Flite one....reviewed in latest issue of M.A.N.
I simply got tired of waiting and moved on.
BTW: They bump the due date about a dozen times. If I didn't know better, I'd say the factory was on strike!
Old 04-30-2008, 09:07 AM
Acs_guitars
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: outacontrol41

bass,
I WAS waiting on the E-Flite one....reviewed in latest issue of M.A.N.
I simply got tired of waiting and moved on.
BTW: They bump the due date about a dozen times. If I didn't know better, I'd say the factory was on strike!

My LHS has had a few of the E-flite Pawnee in over the past few months.... Who did you order from? Even my local Hobbytown USA has one on the shelf.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:31 PM
outacontrol41

Originally I ordered mine through The Hobby Stop in Seaford, DE. They don't keep much of anything in stock probably trying to keep overhead low. The kits they do have on the shelf are mostly old kits and ARf's of unpopular planes....looks like a lot of stuff 'till u get up close and see what it is ...nothing the average modeler would want. The stuff they do sell quickly sits by the doorway...all special orders. No, when the E-flite came out, they didn't order any to put on the shelf. Now we're in the same boat, at the mercy of Horizon, who is at the mercy of whenever the shippment boat comes in. I know, I know...I should have preordered. But who knew Horizon wouldn't get enough planes to stay stocked up the first couple of months? Have you tried ordering one directly from them in the past six months or so? It's the longest I've ever had to wait for an ARF from Horizon. I wanted to fly by now...being we're in flying season now. I just took the money that I earmarked for it and bought something else.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:38 PM
gator8287

[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]