Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

engine equivalents

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

engine equivalents

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 07:02 AM
CB36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine equivalents

Hi all;
I took the plunge and bought the Giant Super Sportster. I didn't get the engine, as I thniking that the Zenoah may be a better choice than the Fuji, (according to the Gas Engine Fourm).

The airplane calls for a 1.2 to 2.0 2 or 4 stroke, or 2.0 gas. Tower packages it with a Fuji 32 which just happens to fit the specs.

My question is just what are the equivalents? This will be my first gasser; I've flown nothing but 2/4 stroke glow. With glow, I've always been under the impression that 2 stroke puts out more power that 4 stroke for equal displacement. Why does GP recommend the same size range for 2/4 stroke?

Where will a 2.0 gas fit in to the range? Do they put out power equal to a 2 or 4 stroke? I'm tending toward the Zenoah G38 at this time, but I've got plenty of time to decide and I'd appreciate input!

Thanks all!