Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

FLat spins

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 12:39 AM
DrPropwash
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLat spins

Can anyone tell me how to do a somple flat spin, non-inverted? I pee my pants if the model is upside down too long, probably because a guy hit me with one once.
Old 03-19-2003, 01:42 AM
bugsiegel
My Feedback: (2)

Default .

what plane do you plan to try this with?
Old 03-19-2003, 02:22 AM
DrPropwash
My Feedback: (1)

Default flat spins

I want to try it with a .40 sized profile plane, Don Incoll's wasp. It is powered by a Magnum .91 4 stroke.
Old 03-19-2003, 05:51 AM
CafeenMan

Default FLat spins

Give full rudder, aileron and elevator. It should go into a fairly fast spin. Release the elevator and aileron and hold the rudder. If it doesn't stay in a flat spin then either the CG is too far forward or there's not enough control throw.

To come out of the spin, release the controls. If it continues to spin then give opposite rudder. If it still continues to spin then on the plane you replace this one with don't move the CG so far back.

Actually, if it keeps spinning, give it opposite aileron. If it still spins, give it a blip of throttle. By now if it hasn't come out of the spin, it's about a split second from impact.

Most planes that don't spin have a too far forward CG. Most planes that won't come out of spins have a too far aft CG. If you have to move the CG, do it a little at a time.
Old 03-19-2003, 01:47 PM
TerrellFlyer

Default FLat spins

Each plane is a little different and some planes will not come out of a flat spin but here goes;ENTER A REGULAR SPIN,THEN INCREASE THROTTLE SOMETIMES TO FULL,MOVE AILERONS TO OPPOSITE SIDE,SOMETIMES ALL THE WAY:Now the scary part,to recover,idle throttle,neutralize all controls,then apply opposite rudder and down elevator,usually 1 to 5 more spins and the plane will recover,add throttle and fly out of the maneuver,over the years I had one plane that wouldn't recover.
Old 03-19-2003, 04:25 PM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default FLat spins

Originally posted by CafeenMan
If it still continues to spin then on the plane you replace this one with don't move the CG so far back.
ROFL

It's true! SO TRUE!

But it's still funny.