Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Seagull Extra 300s

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Seagull Extra 300s

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 09:41 AM
peter24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seagull Extra 300s

hi all, i have an extra 300 and wondered wat the best size of prop to use for it would be. it has an os .61 engine in it and an 11 x 6 prop at the minute, is this the right size prop? also has anyone had one of these, and wat do they think of it. thanks
Old 09-17-2007, 04:54 PM
WCB

Default RE: Seagull Extra 300s

The Seagull Extra I had flew very well even though it was a little on the heavy side. A 12x6 would be a better choice for .61 2 stroke.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:20 AM
peter24

ok thanks,
Old 11-14-2007, 06:53 PM
BAM flyer

I question the CG as per the manual. I have added plenty of nose weight to balance per Seagull, however the plane is very hard to handle when doing loops, etc. Straight and level it flies fine.
Thanks.
BAM Flyer
Old 11-15-2007, 04:15 AM
peter24

haveing had mine for a while now, i havent found anything wrong with it, ive read about people adding lots of weight etx to balance it out, all i had to do was mount the batteries just behind the fire wall to get it to balance, (balanced on the main wing spar.) and its been fine, it flies great... or it used to till i killed it. but now building another one which is built slighlty different from the last one, the fuse and fire wall are are made differently, so will have to see what happens when i get it finished.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:21 PM
mattj
My Feedback: (12)

Mine is balanced good. But when trying to do a loop it likes to snap roll. Also landings are scary likes to come in fast or it will stall. Anyone else having the same issues?

Thanks

Matt
Old 02-04-2008, 03:06 PM
mattj
My Feedback: (12)

I don't know if this is a problem in all these ARFs. My Seagull extra 300s had a big issue. The main wing was not balanced. I used the same servo and connecting rod setup on both sides of the main wing. The left side of the wing was heavier, could not figure out why? Checked everywhere nothing to be found in the main wing that would add weight to the left side. So sadly I was forced to add 15 grams of weight to the right side of the main wing just to balance it. I think this is why this plane likes to snap around itself when you try to use full elevator. Let me know if you guys have the same issue, do your main wings balance correct????

Thanks

Matt
Old 02-04-2008, 03:20 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine does need speed to land, else the ground smackith. I did have the wing bolt mounting plate come loose in flight on the first flight out. I checked it out and it was being held in with 2 drops of hot glue. I epoxied it back in and it is a great flying plane. Good Luck, Dave