Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

need help

Old 03-22-2003, 01:20 AM
bowhunter
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help

I bought a plane at Perry Ga. at the RC show and was wondering who makes this plane. It is a Extra 300 .40 size. It was covered with a layer of foam type material under the covering. It flies wonderfully for my first mid wing plane. It has a Saito .91 4 stroke engine. I cant post any pictures right now.
I was just wondering who makes the plane.
Thanks
Harvey
Old 03-22-2003, 07:04 AM
ho2zoo
My Feedback: (5)

Default Mystery Extra

Sounds like a Great Plains or maybe an EZ.
Old 03-24-2003, 12:29 AM
bowhunter
My Feedback: (3)

Default need help

Thanks for the information. I just purchased a GP Extra 300 kit from tower hobbies. It didn't have the foam in the kit. So maybe it is an ARF?
Thanks
Harvey
Old 03-25-2003, 07:43 AM
ho2zoo
My Feedback: (5)

Default need help

I'm pretty sure it would be an ARF if its got that foam sheet over wood frame construction. It was just a guess about Great Planes. I know they made a .40 size Extra ARF but I'm not sure about how it was constructed. I had the .45 size EZ Zero and it was made with the foam sheet. It makes a good looking, light plane, but it was not very durable. When the foam gets cracked or wrinkled it is difficult to repair and match the surface color and detail. I retired my Zero after about four years of flying because of this. But, it sure flew good.