Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Hitec and 2.4

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 12:55 PM
writeflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec and 2.4

I understand a futaba modual will work with a hitec radio, does this mean I can install a futaba 2.4 modual in my eclipse 7 ? or am I looking for trouble. Apreciate any input on this matter.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:39 PM
3dd
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: Hitec and 2.4

futaba and hitec are the same
Old 10-02-2007, 04:02 PM
writeflyer

Well thats great, I didnt relize that, just looking at options to get into 2.4. Thanks
Old 10-02-2007, 06:15 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You may want to contact Futaba, and make sure they will still support and warranty their module in a HiTec radio. My guess would be no, unless they certify it for a Hitec. In the US, if it is not certified by Futaba for a Hitec, it would be illeagal, per the FCC.
XPS certifies their 2.4 module for Hitec & Futaba, but I don't know about Futaba.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:49 PM
Capt Lou

Go on the forum section for R/C Radios and go to the "Manufactures Support" section. Futuba has a forum and may answer your question.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:01 AM
carrellh

I'd ask the question in the Hitec customer support forum
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_53/tt.htm

I know that RF modules from Hitec & Futaba will physically plug into each other's transmitter. Before Futaba released their own 72 mhz synthesized module for the 9C, people were using the Hitec Spectra module in the 9C. Hitec & Futaba both say it is against FCC "type acceptance" regulations to do it though.

I do not know if the Futaba 2.4 module will work in a Hitec TX or not. Just because it will fit the socket does not mean it will work. It's a pretty expensive part to buy without a solid answer. I do not know if the same FCC "type acceptance" regulations apply to 2.4

I you ask in Futaba's support area, their official answer will probably be: "We have not tested any of our modules with other brand transmitters, therefore we cannot recommend using them in any non-Futaba transmitter."

When people reported issues using non-Futaba receivers with the 9C synthesized module, the Futaba response was something like: The 9C synthesizer module is guaranteed to work with Futaba receivers. If you're having problems with your XXX receiver, please contact XXX as it is not a Futaba problem.

The statements about Futaba are not a bash. My transmitters, and my brother's, are all Futaba. Futaba takes care of their own stuff and the only compatibility issues they want to deal with are with Futaba products. And, I suspect they do not want to create potenbtial product liability issues by endorsing a product that they cannot control. If I were in charge there I'd probably take the same position.

>>Edit: I just noticed that you are in Canada. FCC regulations wouldn't apply, but, the question of whether it will work still remains.<<
Old 10-03-2007, 05:42 PM
writeflyer

Some very good points made here, I thought it might be a good way to slowly convert the hanger over to the new technoligy, in the event of a mishap the mixing of components would surely be an issue. I think I will look at another venue . thanks for the input.... dave
Old 10-04-2007, 02:42 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem is the 5 pins are on opposite side of the plug. The 2.4 Futaba module does not work because of the antenna orientation.

The XPS modules worked until they reworked the antenna and now their newest Futaba/Hitec design is only good for Futaba...BUT...they are going to continue selling the original design that fits Hitec Eclipses, Prisms, Optic 6's.

Xtremepowersystems.net ???

These work well for me with 2 Eclipses.