Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
 Channel assignments >

Channel assignments

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Channel assignments

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Channel assignments

I just got an XP6102 and something very strange is happening. I went through the manual and all the setups seemed to be ok and working well. Wen i powered up the airplane all the channels were mixed up. The throttle is now controls the ailerons and I think the speed control and elevator are switched. The only thing in the right place is the rudder. I switched back to my old 4 channel transmitter and everything works correctly. I am using a Berg 7 receiver (the led is off so it is comunicating with the transmitter) that is supposed to make the switch between positive and negative shift.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this before?
Old 10-12-2007, 09:17 PM
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Channel assignments

It sounds like something is incompatable with something else....interesting to say the least! That's why I stay with one mfg
Old 10-13-2007, 12:25 AM

G'day Mate,
Just swap the servos around on your RX, you know the rudder is correct, so you just have to move the elevators, ailerons & throttle.
Easy to do, switch everything on & move a stick, find which channel on the RX moves & plug the correct servo into that channel.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:41 AM

Thanks Alan, I am a little concerned about connecting the ESC. In Futaba land it is always connected to channel 3. I am using a Berg 7 and cannot find anything in their literature if it is OK to hook up the ESC to any channel. It will have to be something different because channel 3 is now the ailerons. The literature does say that you can hook the battery to any channel.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:55 AM
My Feedback: (13)

Every receiver I have ever had will allow the battery (e.g. ESC connection) to be plugged into any port. So I think you are safe to do so. if you think about how a receiver works, the black wires all go into a common bus in the receiver. Same for the red wires.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:32 PM

Thanks for your help. I have her sorted out now! RCU is the best!
Old 10-13-2007, 07:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JR sets up the throttle channel on slot two in the receiver. A receiver battery would go into slot one.
The rest of the world uses slot 3 for ESC/Throttle.
This WILL catch you by surprise, and possibly destroy your airplane when you first use JR after Futaba or Hitec.
An ESC can go into any port, but it will usually only work the throttle with the transmitter's throttle channel.
BTW, I've been using an ESC to power gliders, as I have several 7-cell batteries from electric planes which are as small and light as the 4-cell batteries I usually use in gliders.
The low current draw of the 2 servos should permit flying all day without running the 7-cell battery down.