Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

engine

Old 10-17-2007, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine

how can i get a (4c0.52-0.70 cu in) engine
Old 10-17-2007, 07:16 PM

Default RE: engine

Welll that depends with what company you want and then you iether go to your lhs or order over the internet id look at tower and horizen

personally i would stay away from the ys' cause there a bit harder to adjust and you dont seem to have much experience.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:36 PM

Default RE: engine

It sounds like this is the engine size that is specified for a plane you are looking at, and you are wondering what it means, or how to find an engine that fits this spec. If not, I apologize for stating the obvious...

The 4c indicates that this is the size recommendation for a 4 stroke engine. If you put a 4 stroke engine into this plane, it should be in the range of .52-.70 cubic inches. People generally lean towards the high end of the range, so you would look at a .70 size, 4 stroke engine, such as made by OS, Magnum, Saito, etc..

Most planes in this size range will also list an option for a 2 stroke engine, probably a .40-.46 size. These will tend to be much cheaper, and if you are looking at a first plane, this is probably where you want to go. The best in this range seems to be the OS .46AX engine. You could save a few bucks by going with a Magnum, Thunder Tiger, Super Tigre, etc.

Again, risking stating the obvious, if you are looking for an engine for your first plane, you should find a local club and ask some advice on putting together the whole package and getting trained to fly it.

Good luck.