Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Question about selling stuff.......

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Question about selling stuff.......

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 06:57 PM
Nas19320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about selling stuff.......

Do planes generally sell better with all the components? (engine, servos,receiver) Or is it better to part it out? I ask because I have unfortunately gotten out of the hobby due to dedicating my funds to racing motorcycles. As much as I loved flying I just can't afford both at this point in time and I need to sell my planes and equipment. Hopefully I will be able to get back into it. Thanks for any help.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:09 PM
WCB

Default RE: Question about selling stuff.......

It's been my experience "ready to fly" sells better.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:09 PM
Dr1Driver

It all depends on what the buyers want. If it were me, and I was getting out, I'd sell piece by piece. List engines, complete (TX, RX, servos, both batteries, switch) radio systems, and airplanes separately. Maybe make a "package" deal if someone wants a RTF setup.

BTW, what'cha got to sell?

Dr.1
Old 11-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The best deals I've ever gotten were on planes complete with engine & radio. I can't help but think if the guys had gone to the trouble of separating the components, the total sales would have amounted to more money. My suggestion is to do it that way, sell engines, planes & radios separately, to maximize your total sales dollars.

On the other hand, if time is of the essence, you could probably sell the complete, ready to fly plane faster.

Good luck,
Dave Olson
Old 11-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Flying freak

It all depends what your seelling if you ahve an rtf trainer i would leave it as such for a quick sale to someone getting in, but as you get to more advanced stuff you see less and less RTF stuff and less "turn key" stuff.

Turn key - aircraft with servos/engine without TX and somtimes with and somtimes without rx.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Nas19320

Thanks guys.

ORIGINAL: Dr1Driver

BTW, what'cha got to sell?

Dr.1
I got to look through and decide if I want to get rid of it all or hold on to some stuff if I ever get back into it. I most likely will get rid of my planes and engines. I have an Avistar, 4 star 40, Cap 232 Breitling, and U CAN Do 3d 40 all assembled. Engines include 2 TT .46, a saito .91 I believe and an older O.S. 40. A bunch of other support equipment and odds and ends also.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:53 PM
flyby50

Hello, where in PA do you live....
Old 11-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Nas19320

ORIGINAL: flyby50

Hello, where in PA do you live....
Southeast PA, just outside of phila.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:15 PM
flyby50

If we lived closer i would come over and check out your planes, if you don't need the money put them away- next year they will look different, i've sold everything and then had to buy again, once its in your blood -- well - you know the rest, flyby50.....
Old 11-14-2007, 10:12 AM
BillyGoat

I agree with several points in this thread. To maximize your monies, and if time is NOT of the essence, part everything out. Certainly consider keeping a favorite plane or two, with engines, as well as the basic support stuff. If stored correctly these things never go bad or goes out of style. Don’t keep any radio gear though. By time you decide to get back to flying you’ll likely need new batteries so you might as well get them with a new system. Also this technology is always improving and getting cheaper.