Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Wram Show adhesive? >

Wram Show adhesive?

Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Wram Show adhesive?

Old 03-02-2002, 12:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wram Show adhesive?

At the Wram show last Saturday, I had seen a demonstration of a new "space age" adhesive. The results were amazing. I was really impressed with the O-ring demo. I didn't get the name of this product. Does anyone know the name/website of this miraculous adhesive?
Old 03-02-2002, 07:12 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Default Wram Show adhesive?

Hey Krusty no luck on the glue yet my phaeton is done i want you to bring your camera over and take some pics for me later Dave.
Old 03-02-2002, 12:57 PM
My Feedback: (62)

Default Krusty

Check the post entitled. "CyanoEpoxy" a little ways down. I picked up on a kit at the show and love the stuff. Made by cooltherm. There site isn't up yet. I called the office and am waiting to hear from someone there on the eta of the site.
Great stuff_Bob
Old 03-02-2002, 11:31 PM

Default Super adhesive

Thanks Bob_NJ,
Wasn't that demo amazing? The stuff is a little pricey, but maybe others offer it for less under a different name. So, the proper general name for it is "Cyano Epoxy".
Old 03-03-2002, 08:48 PM

Default Seems to be the name

We'll have to wait for the site to come up and see what they come up with. I'm not easily impressed, but this stuff is neat. I've also been brushing up on my soldering with aluminum and pot metal after seeing Solder It at the show. Just killing time till Spring. Take care_Bob
Old 03-14-2002, 03:40 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Default adhesive

Hey Krusty, I was at the Wram show too , I saw that demo, It was amazing! I could not brake that darm rubber o-ring where he glued it. It was pricey , but i wished i bought some while i was there. It was strange when i asked him for a business card, and he said he didnt have any. He said to log on his web site
chemtec , but i cant seem to find it on the web. I also thought it was strange that his co. wasent listed in the co directory at the entrance were you walked in. All the other dealers were in the pamplet but his. If you find out how to get in touch with him i woul appreciate it if you could post it here. Again you would not believe the strength this stuff has! Every thing he passed my way i could not seperate it. Good luck! Shellydog
Old 03-14-2002, 03:50 AM

Default Cyano Epoxy adhesive

After much searching, I have found a website that offers that "amazing adhesive". Here it is: http://www.gowest2.com/
Old 03-14-2002, 03:07 PM

Default This Too

That may be the manufacturer, but here is the email of the person at the Wram show. Let me know how you make out_Bob
[email protected]
Old 03-14-2002, 05:30 PM

Default Response to my inquiry...

I emailed Ron at CoolChem about the site and this was his response. He's always been prompt and to the point;

Bob,

Nice hearing from you. No, the web address you included in your email for Gowest2 is a distributor and is NOT our site. The official CoolChem site is: coolchem.com. Try it. You will get an abbreviated version of the site with a "Contact Us" dialog so you can now start sending people there. We have already been contacted by several people who were at the show. This is the first step in the completion of our web store. We should have a fully functioning ecommerce site by mid Apr. Thanks for your interest.

Ron Janek