Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

evolution limiter removal

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

evolution limiter removal

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 09:38 AM
tazzzz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default evolution limiter removal

Is there anyway to remove this darn low speed limiter thing on my 46 evolution. Its driving me nuts ,,,Iget it set ,,go fly and have to land because the tuning is off,,come to find out,,the low speed has changed..that lever thingy is just to mushy for my taste ,,,,anyway of stiffening it up. HELP!

Thanks-JIM[sm=confused_smile.gif]
Old 11-29-2007, 03:38 PM
danny03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: evolution limiter removal

Sure can, I just backout the set screw and completely removed the limiter. Its been that way for three years with no problems.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:17 AM
spiral_72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll have to assume the limiters on your 46 are the same as my 61. BUT.....

I had the same problems. First the limiters can be rotated around by loosening the tiny allen screw. This will move your "window" of adjustment. That part is in the manual.

Second, I pulled my pushrod off the engine and rolled an o-ring over the LS needle adjustment, over the barrel(SP?) and up to the limiter tab thingies. Then I used some large pliers and bent the limited tabs down slightly to grip the o-ring.

Also, I didn't have an o-ring the correct size, so I used one bigger than I needed, cut it to size with an xacto and CA'd it back together. Believe it or not it worked very well.

If you can't follow that fantastic description let me know, I'll try to take a picture and post it.

Also, pulled the stop pin out of my HS needle and left the "clicker" intact. I used a 1/4" long piece of medium fuel tubing and stretched it over the needle and "clicker". It give me a very solid adjustment with no annoying changes in flight. (It wasn't my idea, but worked very well) You might try the large dia fuel tubing though.. The medium fits kinda snug.
Old 11-30-2007, 10:23 AM
tazzzz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks ,,,,,that sounds like a winner,,,,,,,,(I LIKE IT!)

JIM