Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Reciever Battery Suggestions?

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Reciever Battery Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Jester241

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reciever Battery Suggestions?

Ok guys,I'm building a plane that will have 5 futaba 3010 High Torque servos and 1 standard 3004. I need to buy a receiver battery. What do you suggest I buy? I'm using a 2.4 Futaba radio and reciever. I've only used the common 4.8v 600mAh packs. I assume my new plane will draw more from my batteries and I dont want it to go dead prematurely or not be able to supply sufficient amps. I dont want to go with Lipos though if I dont have to.

Do I want to bump up to 6v or bump up my mAh's,or both? And should I go with NiMH's instead of NiCD's?
Help me out here!

My hobby shops sells these.....are they good?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20156.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	816301  
Old 12-01-2007, 08:22 PM
ChuckW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Reciever Battery Suggestions?

I would just step up to a higher capacity (more milliamp-hour) NiCad.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Flying freak

ORIGINAL: Jester241

Ok guys,I'm building a plane that will have 5 futaba 3010 High Torque servos and 1 standard 3004. I need to buy a receiver battery. What do you suggest I buy? I'm using a 2.4 Futaba radio and reciever. I've only used the common 4.8v 600mAh packs. I assume my new plane will draw more from my batteries and I dont want it to go dead prematurely or not be able to supply sufficient amps. I dont want to go with Lipos though if I dont have to.

Do I want to bump up to 6v or bump up my mAh's,or both? And should I go with NiMH's instead of NiCD's?
Help me out here!

My hobby shops sells these.....are they good?

Well do you need/want the extra speed/torqu from goign 6v if so i would

Now what size aircraft (with what eng.) and what tye of flying would determin the mah (and how many flights would you like per day?)

Steven
Old 12-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Jester241

I am building a 68" Seagull Edge 540 with a 100 or 125 saito in it. I currently dont get into any 3D or crazy flying yet,but I plan to get comfortable with this plane and fly the crap out of it and learn some,but probably wont require anything over the top as I'm still a fairly new pilot. I will likely be flying it an average of 4 flights a day.