Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Questions and Answers
Reload this Page >

Hello, I've got a problem!

Community
Search
Notices
Questions and Answers If you have general RC questions or answers discuss it here.

Hello, I've got a problem!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 10:36 PM
TCrafty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello, I've got a problem!

I've got this problem. Everyone around me is selling planes! Pretty good prices too! I need another plane like I need another hole in my head but, well, you know, if I don't buy it now, it'll just cost me more later! I know, it's like my wife using the, "I saved 20 dollars!" trick. Yeah, she had to SPEND 200 to do it! But, I guess it just proves that we're a marriage of equals.

I've been pretty lucky so far. I've not had to have too many planes shipped by the "Sanitation Engineers" but now they're starting to pile up. I'd sell some but they're like family now. I guess I can relate to the lady down the street now that has WAYYY too many cats but always has room for one more. I'll be at therapy from 2 til 3 tomorrow but I'll be checking in here regularly to see if anyone here has any other "alternative medicines".
Old 12-02-2007, 11:43 PM
acarter

Default RE: Hello, I've got a problem!

You've cought the addiction, If you have the money buy as many as you can, at least I would. I guess that;s why I have been flying for 8 months and have 5 planes, They were all good deals

Austin
Old 01-04-2008, 05:54 PM
rcavi8or

i agree buy as many as you can afford ...you can always sell them again!(sometimes back to the original owner LOL!!!)
Old 01-04-2008, 07:04 PM
TexasAirBoss
My Feedback: (22)

Buy or swap? Ask the owners if they are interested in a swap. You get a new ship to fly and you keep your count reasonable.

Most folks are always interested in the next ship. We all see a cool plane and think to ourselfs, yeh, I want one of those. We just need to pass them around. Gee, I wonder if that applies in any onther aspects of life ?

Old 01-05-2008, 12:03 AM
KI8FR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would pick up a plane that I find for a good deal and bring it home and not do a thing with it for years. I have one plane that I picked up in 1986. It sat for all that time and just now I have been working on it. I have no idea on what it is or who mad it. but I was looking at it one day and just said I was going to paly with it.

That is just one of meny that I have pick up though the years. But If I feel like playing with a difrant plane and not go out and bie one. I will look in the room were there at and pick one out. fix it and have a ball.

So go for it. If you have the money and a place to put it and not tuch it for years. When you do. can have fun with it or make some money off it. Most of the time the $$$ just go up.

Paul
Old 01-05-2008, 07:27 AM
BankYank
My Feedback: (63)

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: PilotFighter

Buy or swap? Ask the owners if they are interested in a swap. You get a new ship to fly and you keep your count reasonable.

Most folks are always interested in the next ship. We all see a cool plane and think to ourselfs, yeh, I want one of those. We just need to pass them around. Gee, I wonder if that applies in any onther aspects of life ?

I can relate to that thinking
Old 01-05-2008, 09:03 AM
sniperdude

ORIGINAL: acarter

You've cought the addiction, If you have the money buy as many as you can, at least I would. I guess that;s why I have been flying for 8 months and have 5 planes, They were all good deals

Austin
planes! cant have enough. been in the hobby for a month and i have to drive almost 3 hours to pick up my 3rd plane.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Villa

I have been in RC planes since 1972 and fly every week if it is not raining or if the wind is less that 20MPH. I have never had more than four planes at one time. I have always wondered about the following: I have noticed that some new students who immediately start collecting every plane that becomes available, frequently never learn to fly. By "learn to fly" I mean fly in a comfortable, relaxed, and safe manner. Their focus seems to be on collecting planes. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. My focus has always been to "learn to tame the beast". I have crashed many a plane into the ground in that effort. I'm 72 now and still find the challenge of controlling an RC plane interesting. I get a kick out of flying my Flying Lawnmower like a fighter plane. Every now and then I try to fly it up-side-down but have not mastered it. I seem loose my nerve faster than I used to.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:45 AM
whatwind
My Feedback: (1)

Every once in a while you have to clean your hanger out. Three years ago I got rid of my p47[&o],zero[&o]seaplane[&o]ace allstar[&o]bristol m1[&o] super kraft[&o]but the new ones fly so nice
Old 01-06-2008, 06:40 AM
Stickbuilder

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a way to not experience those urges. I don't own a plane that I have not built myself. That way, when I, "Bend it", I can't blame anyone other than me.[:@] Of course, If you do ARF's then there is no difference in getting what your Buds are selling and buying one from the hobby shop. If you are looking for a great airplane, Frank Tiano has the Vultee Vengance that flew last at 06 Top Gun, stashed in his attic at the shop, and he told me that the owner would like to sell it, rather than ship it back to Thailand. Mike Selby is an outstanding builder, and that would be a great one to own. Big as it is, you would have a problem sneaking it past the little woman.

Bill, AMA 4720
WACO Brotherhood #1